Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Lazy Days and Sleepness Nights


Oh the joys of pups! They are so cute and yet can cause so much stress. In the first few weeks the pups cannot control their own body temperature so you must make sure they have a consistent room temperature that mimicks their body temperature. Usually if they are hot, they'll crawl to the outside of the box and if they are cold they'll huddle together and curl up and cry. Then they need to be nursed by their mom every 2 to 4 hours to make sure they remain strong and gain weight.

Today the pups eyes are opening and I don't think they can probably see quite yet but I'm sure there's blurs of motion they do see. In a few days they should be fully open and it is quite amazing to see their progress. They are 12 days old today and hard to believe it's been that long ago already. They grow so fast.
I am still sleep deprived which doesn't help my demeanor so if you have contacted me and I wasn't particularly pleasant, I apologize, it's just the lack of sleep and stress talking.
Here's a few pictures from last night after one of their feedings.



No comments:

Post a Comment